Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Eternal Walk

     I recently went for a walk. I don't know what shuffled me out the door, but for some reason I had a spontaneous urge to just go outside and walk, in any direction, with no goal of distance or time. First I noticed how nice of a day it was. There was a steady breeze, and the temperature was in the mid to high eighties, and sunny, very sunny. As I walked through the neighborhood I live in I took realized I was not alone in my desire to enjoy this truly wonderful day.
     Some blocks were very nicely kept and almost damage free, while others could use some repair and then I even walked on some gravel. Of course then there were hills, up an down, and even some turns that I wasn't aware of. You see, I wanted to take a route I wasn't familiar with, eventually I made it to a park that was fairly close to the neighborhood. I new this park, very well actually, there were some obstacles on this day, speed bumps, signs blocking traffic for the day even some designated paths for bicycles, and runners too.
     I crossed paths with many people, some ignored me, while others exchanged a vocal greeting. I had no particular plan, except that I new eventually I would have to go back to where I began. Because of that stipulation, or lack thereof, I new that I had no idea how long this walk would last. It could be short, it could be long. For I all I new, it could suddenly end unexpectedly. I did KNOW that it would end one way or another though. With this always resting on my mind, I had no fear of detours, or obstacles. These "constraints" could come in the form of people, unexpected construction, vehicular accidents etc. Also though, these same situations could be used as tools, as knowledge to be applied while faced with familiar dilemmas on this journey back to where I began, wherever and whenever that destination is.
      We all must eventually return to where we came from. We don't know when, we don't know by what method or vehicle. All we know is that this eternal walk we share will end, and we will go back to where we came from. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAME FROM? I know we were born into this human body, but do you really know where YOU came from? On this journey we face many obstacles, we learn much and eventually become familiar with what was once unknown. Many of us bring light to the dark, so that others may share those hidden paths that are clouded with darkness of confusion. Because we know the walk will we can continue to stride in whatever direction we please, WITHOUT FEAR. You see, every direction is ahead and towards home, regardless if we realize it or not. Enjoy your walk, and greet those along the path with open minds and arms, they may be tired and could use some motivation to keep moving, We are all headed home, wherever that is, I'll see you there.

The only way to control some-thing is to contain it, whether it be with shackles or bars, our minds are as flexible as water, have you ever squeezed water? or put it in cage?

Combat Control! 23!


No comments:

Post a Comment