Saturday, June 9, 2012

Born into Restriction

     We've had discussions before about living a life according to other peoples standards. The term, other peoples, could be interpreted as your parents, your peers, a teacher, a psychologist, a social class, perhaps even the society as a whole. This idea of people not living according to their own standards could point us to a direction that begins to investigate why so many people seem unhappy or worse yet complain of being unsatisfied.
     I've made mental notes of how often people deny themselves the pleasure of trying something "new". This could be due because of a variety of reasons, for instance, a lack of interest or desire. However, I can't deny the notion that in a fair amount of these scenarios, many of us simply aren't comfortable doing something new and unfamiliar. Why wouldn't we be comfortable? Ah, because we're afraid... there it is AGAIN! that famous four lettered word ... FEAR ... Although we could continue to examine fear and its origin, AND it's effect on the psyche and the lives of nearly everyone, we won't, for fear of driving the word into the ground.
    In our society I think it's safe to say that we are all born into restriction. From the moment we attain basic thought functions, we are told what to do. So, through the process of conditioning, whether intentional or not, we immediately are taught that taking orders is normal, and furthermore, living and acting according to others standards is to be expected. Of course this is in many cases parents trying to sculpt their child or children into the most socially efficient product of human specimen possible. This process is performed usually based on the lives of the parents and their experiences and time spent on this planet.
     So many people are born, and shortly after baptized, myself included. This act frustrates me VERY much. I understand that the water is just water, and the blessing is simply a ritual that only has as much significance as you credit it. Which is why it's extremely childish of the parents to include a baby, who as far I can tell, doesn't understand the ritual, the prayer, the blessing, and most likely isn't interested in "saving his/her soul" from eternal damnation through Christian practice. Perhaps the entire service is provided to grant the parents a piece of mind(in their very small mind) in case something were to happen to their child before the soul could decide for their self whether or not they wanted to participate in Christian ritual by means of saving them self.
   
This is a great time to ask, "save ourself?.... from what?!?" 

     Supposedly Jesus died for my sins, and in an even tighter NUTshell we can basically say he died because I exist. From the moment I'm born I'm told, that this guy(the son(sun) of "GOD") died for me, and I should feel bad and repent, and not enjoy life due to his sacrifice for me. Well, what was the point of the sacrifice? Please don't think I'm being arrogant, this is not my intention, I'm asking, honestly, an honest question. From the moment I'm born, I've got guilt placed above my head, and are expected to act accordingly by not sinning, even though my sins are supposedly this man was crucified. By the way, I'm sure the crucifixion(which were common practice at the time in history) had nothing to do a man claiming to the be Son of God and gaining devotees along the way, perhaps there were certain empires who felt threatened by this mans lack of recognition of their authority??? 
     Moving on, many people live according to standards which are not of their own, and are unhappy as a result. Whether the individuals live an unsatisfactory life due to religious dogma, or F.R.S.(Fear based Restriction Syndrome) it's clear that we must fulfill our desires to fulfill our lives. Let us all learn from our own mistakes, instead of taking instruction without doubt. I believe that knowing not to play in traffic is good, but understanding why is even greater. We don't have to experience this first hand to understand, but we do have to analyze the situation, obviously this example would only need a glance but that's why it's an example.

Stay YOUNG and never stop QUESTIONING.

Combat Control! 
23

No comments:

Post a Comment