Tuesday, January 31, 2012

     In less than 24 hours I will be taking a vow of silence for 30 days.  I will not be speaking, and avoiding self-expression at all costs.  I've attempted to inform anyone that should know ahead of time, and will have paper and pen to simply explain "I cannot speak" to persons who are confused about what is happening.
     I'm not discriminating against self-expression at all, I'm a pretty avid proponent of it actually.  This is simply an exercise in which I have been wanting to perform for some time and have decided to do it.  I'm considering keeping a journal, and maybe recording thoughts and experiences during the period of silence.
     I'm hoping to become a better listener, observer, and are definite there will be a short-term effect on my psychology, and a good chance of a long term effect.  But I do not know what will result, which is why I'm taking part in this exercise. I will not be blogging, interacting with anyone verbally, or expressing opinions, simply observing.
    Talk to you in approximately 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment