Monday, May 21, 2012

Righteousness or Escapism

     Within the community that strives towards, enlightenment, universal consciousness awareness/participation, esoteric studies, magickal exercise and practice, etc. There are many "breeds" of individuals and different strategies to attain the goal of the devotee or said individual. I first would like to let it be known that, I don't believe any-one to be correct or incorrect in their methods, whatever path it may be. The fact that some-one is taking an approach that is alternative to whatever, dogmatic, traditional, or "orthodox" belief system they were expected to succumb to upon birth is fantastic in itself. Also, I would like to say that if the I-ndividual should choose a more traditional path after studying alternatives, I have much respect in that decision. At that point the said practitioner is choosing a route based on reasons other than a lack of exposure, and are actually making a CHOICE, not falling prey to blind submission.
     In my humble opinion, I think that most people want to do good, the confusion lays in defining just exactly what good is. The word good is interesting don't you think? One letter strong of GOD, and the familiar phrase often used, however in a cliche manner "God is Good"..... God IS Good! Something Godly is Good/Good is Godly................
     I digress.
     Back on topic, I'm guilty, and don't believe alone, in creating what I recognized as a good environment. However! often times, clear now in hindsight, the so called good environment was as much good as it was just not bad. Essentially, in the past I have created realities where, although nothing destructive was happening nothing constructive was taking place either. This was stagnation taking the appearance of balance and tranquillity.
     I think that much of the time members of this community read about the "right" way to live their life, or learn of practices and paths to "better" themselves, but these paths lead to escapism and reclusion. I'm not pointing the finger outward, I'm staring at a mirror as I write this. If we are hiding we are doing nothing else, which means we aren't experiencing any-thing else, I've learned much from seclusion, however I wouldn't want to become expert in that field, I believe there is a point where the lessons become repetitive. We can learn from new opportunities, experiences, PEOPLE.
     Get uncomfortable, you'll learn much without and probably more within. Every answer you seek is available, you just have to find it, and I'll promise that the answers are ALWAYS within arms length. The key is to keep moving, you carry the answers, but they can only be found if the question is summoned. I believe the question is more important than the answer, for it is the first step towards enlightenment. No question, no answer = stagnation.
     In closing, (I'm having a difficult time articulating, I really need to focus on the audio format I've mentioned in the past) every path has potential, in my experience, most paths teach some form of restriction and control of the will. I'm not saying this is completely wrong but I will say, that paths of restriction produce lessons that restrict learning. Experiment, as stated earlier, get uncomfortable, (remember the significance of the question!) you may find something you were never looking for.
   
     If the wind did not blow, seeds would not spread. 

Combat Control!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment