Saturday, March 24, 2012

Why? is THIS?


     What is the meaning of life? It’s a very simple question, and one that I’m sure has been asked by everyone at least once. The question has plagued the minds of the human for thousands upon thousands of years. Some believe they have the answer, others claim that there is no answer, still some suggest that the answer is beyond the grasp our intellect and will remain unanswered. Does this mean that we shouldn’t bother asking, or setting out on a quest to discover the very meaning of our existence?
     I don’t claim to have the answer for anyone, I’m not even sure if I have an accurate conclusion for myself! But I would like to consider some ideas, and hopefully you will do the same.
     I think we all would like to make a difference, put our stamp on the world or in the minds of present generations and those to come. Make the planet a better place, obviously there are many different opinions about what this could be, not to mention that there would be multiple tasks needing to be accomplished to fulfill this goal. But you could do your part, every puzzle has an integral piece that is crucial to its completion.
     I’m not suggesting that it is selfish to focus mainly on your personal quests of betterment, but remember that your world/reality is separate of every individual. I believe a noble notion would include the improvement of other people’s worlds, not just your own. We may be separate in reality, but some of us do share the same passions and ideas, many of these are universal. What creates the dividing line many of times is two things A) how to accomplish these goals, and B) why these certain tasks need to be executed and maintained.
     I believe that if your work is worthy of your effort it will be remembered, and you will be included in that memory. You may succeed in the completion of your impact on the world before your time is up, hopefully you’ll be able to view and enjoy this. In other cases some meaningful quests may take generations to accomplish, this is alright. I would suggest, if this is the scenario, that you focus on the organization of your work, in an attempt for others beyond your existence to carry on your vision. This is important, because people will embrace something worthy of their time in order to make a difference, this means that others already share the same passion and you can have more faith that your work will continue.
     Perhaps the meaning of life, is to embrace our existence and maybe even ourselves, I’m suggesting that instead of searching for the meaning of life, maybe we should be focusing on gifting meaning into our life. Maybe the meaning of life isn’t what is important, until you’ve discovered that life only has meaning when you’ve designated what life means to you. The question is universal, but the answer quite possibly exist only in your universe. To me the final thought on this topic, I think has to be, I don't believe in finding the meaning to life, a concept I can have faith in is CREATING the meaning of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment